- Ballet securely pre-generates the wallet private keys for product simplicity.
- Accessible to anyone, anywhere, regardless of age or background.
- No account, no setup, no KYC procedures.
- No logins, no passwords, passphrases, or PIN codes.
- 100% offline cold storage. No risk of hacking.
- No artificial thresholds or limits on deposits and withdrawals.
- Always retain access to your funds in the future.
- Never be at the mercy of a third party’s control.
2-Factor Key Generation
What it is
For the private key generation and production of our physical wallets, Ballet adopts an industry-first 2-Factor Key Generation (2FKG) process. To access the funds in your wallet, you would need both the encrypted private key (EPK) and the corresponding wallet passphrase. However, both the EPK and wallet passphrase are engraved on the Ballet cryptocurrency wallet itself. The proven BIP 38 industry standard powers this time-tested and secure technology.
How it is produced
During the manufacturing and production process, these two vital components are generated separately, on different devices located in different geographic locations (different countries and jurisdictions, thousands of miles apart). This data is never transferred electronically, and never copied, duplicated, or backed up onto any other storage device. This also means that our employees will never come into contact with all of the necessary cryptographic key information. Thus the capability of others decrypting or stealing funds from the Ballet physical wallets is eliminated.
How the encryption works
Send your cryptocurrency by decrypting your wallet private key:
- 1. Scratch off to reveal the wallet passphrase.
- 2. Peel off the top layer QR code sticker.
- 3. Use the Ballet Crypto mobile app to send funds. (You can also use any other BIP38 compatible software to extract the private keys to access your funds.)